Therefore, in what follows, we’ll tread through some of the most efficient ways to rid your Windows of its driver issues. A corrupt Windows driver can bring your PC to a halt; BSOD error, problems with the mouse or keyboard, or even network issues, problems with your drivers can bring everything down. After clicking on the option to search for updated drivers, you will navigate to Windows Update.
Sometimes Windows will only distribute a „generic“ version from Microsoft that eschews extra features. Learn why your operatins system is not listed on the software & driver download page. Find and download software or drivers from the hardware manufacturer.
AVG Driver Updater: Top Driver Updating Utility For Windows
There are a few application files in the folder after opening the ZIP download. Use SDIO_x64 if you’re using 64-bit Windows; the other one is for 32-bit versions. It’ll install drivers in Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- Every once in a while, though, those drivers may require updates to fix certain issues, introduce new features, or improve performance.
- We do hope that AMD resolves the problems with the latest graphics driver update soon.
- Before downloading updates, the setup files are even scanned for viruses, which is really helpful.
- The malware can steal data saved on your device or allow the attacker to gain control over your computer and encrypt your files.
Typically, you shouldn’t update your drivers unless you’re updating a graphics card driver or know that a driver update will fix an issue you’ve encountered. For other driver updates, you can simply check the manufacturer’s website for new versions. This isn’t usually necessary, and you don’t need to do it unless you have a specific reason to do so.
Updates help patch security flaws
That is why you shouldn‘t have much trouble getting rid of it by simply using good old Control Panel. Now, for unknown devices, it is also possible to locate their drivers that allow running the system without problem. It has an automatic mode and a guide with a useful section called tools, it incorporates various programs into the system.
- Following that, you need to choose either Search automatically for updated driver software or Browse my computer for driver software.
- It’s super easy and it downloads the file in the right spot automatically.
- MiniTool Software will show you how to easily update drivers in Windows 11.
They’re handy, but you need to ensure you pick the right troubleshooters. If you’re having trouble opening the Setting app, take a look at this article to solve the issue.