The use of mobile devices has evolved from a “nice to have” to a business standard. In fact, 86% of organizations are in the research or pilot phase of deploying mobile devices according to a recent survey by LocknCharge.1 But the success of a deployment goes beyond just getting physical devices in people’s hands. 63% of organizations provide devices that are shared among employees, but only 27% of organizations have considered centralized charging in their rollout plan.1
Follow these 6 tips to ensure a successful mobile deployment.
Evaluating the Need for a Mobile Deployment
1. Gather pain points from various stakeholders. Understand the priorities for which you are solving and how they impact different individuals. Common mobile device deployment goals include improving communications, speeding up transactions and eliminating manual/paper processes or cutting costs. How these relate to specific job roles in your organization may vary.
2. Set clear objectives. Plan for specific, actionable goals so that you can calculate the ROI of your investment. This can be quantified through things like a decrease of X# of minutes in customer response time, a Y% increase in transactions processed and a company-wide savings or revenue increase of $Z by the end of the year.
Evaluating the Right Deployment Solution
3. Map out the workflow. Document a mobile device’s impact by following it from start to finish. From a staff member picking up a tablet as they start their shift, to how it’s used throughout the day, to where it will be secured and stored after closing, a clear understanding of usage will help you to evaluate your needs.
4. Establish critical criteria. Create a separate criteria list for each component you discovered in your workflow map: devices, cases, security software, apps, physical charging and security to name a few. A recent LocknCharge survey found that the three top priorities of charging and security stations for mobile device rollouts are: durability, future-proofing capabilities (accommodating the devices you have today and those you may have in the future) and customer service.
5. Research and evaluate vendors
Evaluate websites, guides and customer testimonials to select the best fit for your needs. Look for options to obtain demos of the products and services that you are reviewing and monitor a company’s responsiveness to your needs. Ask about their customer service and warranties to ensure your investments are protected.
Standing Out from the Rest of the Crowd
6. Include a charging and storage solution. Since only 27% of organizations have considered a charging solution as part of their deployment1, you can get ahead of the pack by planning for this from the start. A complete solution that covers storage, charging and software updates will simplify device management by ensuring that devices can be distributed efficiently and are ready to use at all times. Under LocknCharge’s care, devices are well-protected from loss and theft, and your business is protected from replacement costs and data theft.
Learn best practices for deploying mobile devices and discover the LocknCharge solutions that are right for your business–contact us to schedule a FREE, personalized live product demonstration today.
To download a PDF version of this flyer, click here.
Sources: 1 www.lockncharge.com/research 2 Research by Ponemon Institute, published by Druva. https://www.druva.com/blog/data-loss-costing-more-than-you-think/